Monday, March 17, 2014

Went on Vacation and All I Got Was This Lousy iPhone

It's hard to believe that a little more than a week ago, we were anchored off Palomino Island in the Fajardo Bay off Puerto Rico. It was 80 degrees with a steady 10 knot trade wind from the east. Idyllic is an understatement. Fast forward some time, and it's 27 degrees with "ice showers" coming down on the heads of St. Paddy's Day revelers. I doubt anyone feels anything. The two people I know in the parade have been drinking since Friday night (it's Monday as I write this).

View over the starboard lifelines. Anchored at Palomino Island.
Cabin of the 42 Beneteau.
View of Palomino.
Skippers pose underway.
Skippers pose docked.
Reading by cabin light.

Little feller...
Isleta Marina from the Conquistador. We stayed as liveaboards at this marina.

Stand up paddling off Esperanza.

How not to dock a sailboat.

The blog has been quiet as I waited for a new phone to arrive. Anchored off Icacos Island last week, my wife and I decided to swim to shore with a couple sandwiches and my phone. I put the phone in a zip lock bag and that was pretty much the end of that. I received my new iPhone (!) the other day and spent the last couple days putting my electronic life back together. I've never had an iPhone before (the soaked phone was a Note 3) so it's going to take some getting used to it.

Anyway, regarding the build, I'm just about done with the electronics. I have the wiring pretty much done back there except for the side cabin lights and the speakers that will come down from the cockpit lockers. It was a real kick to hear the rear cabin speakers fire up and fill the garage. The amusing thing is the first channel that came up on the scanner was a Christian rock station, which I didn't know was a Christian rock station. I actually kinda liked the music. And then I listened to the lyrics. It was like taking confession in my half-built hull: PocketShip progress and a cleansed soul! Two-fer!

I'll post some pictures of both when I get the pics off the the other camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment