Friday, January 17, 2014

So Happy I Could Cry -- and Probably Will

Just a quick note to share some good news.

Today is one of the nicest days of the winter. Crisp, clear, bright sunshine, and even the snow looks wonderful as it boughs off the trees and out into the yard. But it's also 9 degrees - albeit that's about 40 degrees (not exaggerating!) warmer than it was last week, and that means yet another lost day counting down to warmer weather.

View outside living room window. Yes, it's pretty, but I'll see this until June.

Today, however, I installed this:


Here:

Panarama shot. Normally this mode is for mountains and sea views, not 10' garages. The cushions are from the Macgregor, stored here for the winter. I'll need to find a new home for them!

All I can say is wow. It's been running now for about 3 hours since the electricians left. It's warm in there. I can work in there. I'm so happy I could cry, and probably will. There's a good 40 degree temperature gradient between the floor and the ceiling but that's OK, that'll get better. It meant I had to install 220v and can never have an electric range but I don't care! I'll microwave everything from now on.

It's a Fahrenheat 54 (clever, those Fahrenheat people are -- get it? Is this Celsiheat in Europe?), got it on sale at Mills Fleet farm where they kicked in a $25 gift card for no good reason at all. I could hug it if I didn't want to burn myself. Seriously, some of the best dollars I've spent in a long time, and that includes the Costco hot dog I splurged on last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment